-

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easy Taco Soup!

Today's recipe is an easy taco soup. I LOVE to make this because it's so easy! (just like the title says) We never have any leftovers and on the rare occasion that we do, you CAN freeze this one for those days when you don't feel like cooking.







Ingredients:
1 LB. Ground beef, turkey, or pork
1 large chopped onion
1 can pinto or red beans
1 can corn
1 can stewed tomatoes (Ro-Tel works good here)
1 small can tomato paste
1 pkg of dry Taco Seasoning
1 pkg of Ranch Dressing mix
1-2 cups water
Salt and Pepper to taste
Garlic Powder to taste
To Serve:
(all optional)
Grated Cheddar Cheese
Sour Cream
Corn Chips
Chopped Green Onions
Cooking Directions:
This one's really simple! Just brown your ground meat and drain. Then add all your ingredients into one pot (don't drain your corn or beans!) Heat everything till it comes to a boil. You can let it simmer for a while depending on how thick you want it.
Easy Peasy right? I like to stir my cheese, sour cream, and green onions directly in my bowl. The hubby likes to add the corn chips to the mix. It's a cheap meal too!
Hope you give it a try! If you do I'd love for you to let me know if you liked it.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. I love Mexican food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great!! hubby loves cajun. Found you via MBC and am happy to be following.

    Follow back at http://jotgiveaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by...I hope ya'll try this one. It's quick and delicious.

    ReplyDelete