-

Monday, March 29, 2010

Dessert Alert! Ooey Gooey Bars



This one is super easy and super delicious! It only takes a few ingredients and the taste can't be beat. When I make these at home they are eaten as quickly as I put 'em out.


What you will need:

3 eggs
1 stick of butter
1 box of cake mix (butter or golden)
1 small box of powdered sugar
1 box 8 oz. cream cheese


Directions:

First: mix together 1 egg, 1 stick butter, and your box of cake mix, then spread it in your square pan. (make sure you use a non-stick spray first)

Next: mix together 2 eggs, 1 box powdered sugar, and your cream cheese, then spread this mix over your first layer.

Last: Put in your oven @ 350 and let bake for 20-30 minutes. You want the top to start turning a golden color and looking "cracked." Once done, take it out to cool and then slice into squares.


Note from the Chef:

These are really hard to mess up unless you let them burn. When I first started making them I just had to eyeball the color I liked on top and go from there.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I love deserts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE cooking! I'm followinf you now - coming over from MBC :)

    I'm at: www.busyworkingmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete